Maintenance Technician at Sea Colony
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Community Association Maintenance Technician to join our team. A person acting in this position must have a strong understanding of building and home maintenance coupled with attention to detail. In order for this candidate to be successful, he/she must be highly self-motivated and directed, committed to solving problems efficiently, and interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth and improvement. This is a position that must be able to interact with a diverse team and respond quickly to requests from community associations.
- $22 / hour
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Will be responsible for maintenance of common areas of managed community associations
- Will be responsible for preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance
- Communication with Maintenance Manager, team members, members of Board of Directors, homeowners and their guests.
- Performing inspections
- Performing snow removal, basic landscaping, and light cleaning
- Performing customer service and quality control
Skills you’ll need
- Have basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical with strong carpentry /construction skills and be able to climb ladders plus handle high heights and heavy loads it will be expected to complete tasks without constant management supervision.
- Keep all inspection sheets provided by Project Manager updated and immediately reports back to Project Manager with any major repair items. The position will also complete all action forms and leak reports in a thorough and timely manner.
- This is an all-weather position and may require working in high temperatures or freezing temperatures.
- Internet access
- Reasonable comfort level with computers
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Traveling between worksites is frequent and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.