We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Maintenance Manager in Virginia Beach, VA. The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for the overall maintenance operation in the region and ensures the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties. Some of the duties will include managing and mentoring a team of maintenance staff, assisting in the recruiting efforts of additional staff, and corresponding with our local team as well as our central management team. As a manager, you support your team and model the behaviors and actions that you expect from your team with attention to detail, professionalism, productivity, and reliability. The Maintenance Manager will ensure achievement of overall quality, guest satisfaction, and positive employee relations.
This is a salaried position. It is not a 9-5 job. You will be called upon after normal business hours, on weekends, and on holidays and flexibility is key.
- $60000 / year
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Manage a team in a time-sensitive environment.
- Home repairs including appliance trouble-shooting, cable/wifi troubleshooting, basic knowledge of HVAC systems and light plumbing [to fix a leaky sink]
- Managing, mentoring, training, and supporting a small group of maintenance technicians/maintenance staff and assisting them when necessary with needs.
- Corresponding on a regular basis with the staff you manage.
- Corresponding on a regular basis via email and phone with the Local team and Central team.
- Ordering, maintaining and replenishing maintenance supplies and inventory.
- Assisting with scheduling and distribution of tickets.
- Ensuring maintenance staff follow through on assignments and giving instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Covering for local team when necessary.
- Recommending performance evaluations, resolving problems, and implementing disciplinary action with appropriate team members and assistance from the human resources department.
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The skills you’ll need
- Communicator: proactively communicate with your maintenance team and local/central teams via email, phone, and in person to ensure that they are in the loop with all aspects of the job.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails and we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action and work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: when guests are on vacation, we are our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This will include weekends and holidays.
- Natural born leader: as a Head of Maintenance, you will have a team of maintenance staff. Your ability to lead the team in a collective and positive way is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube and figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day and minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities and kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner and guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.