Head Tennis Professional at TOPS'L Resort
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What We’re Looking For
Vacasa is looking for a strong leader who is competent, passionate, and highly skilled in tennis facility operations and people management to join our team as a Head Tennis Professional. The Head Tennis Professional will assist with day to day operations of the Tennis Club/Facility and ensure a high quality of customer service is delivered to all Vacasa guests and owners
$40,000 Base Salary plus tips and commissions
70% commission on private tennis lessons and group clinics including additional compensation from tennis packages, round robins, socials, tournaments, and stringing racquets.
Other Benefits as listed below
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the tennis club and facilities at TOPS'L Resort, supporting the Tennis Department in development, promotion, coordination and execution of tennis lessons, programs, clinics, round robins, tournaments, socials, group sales packages, etc.
- Enforce the club rules and regulations governing the use of the facility, its equipment and other property.
- Conduct inspections and ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of tennis courts, facilities and related equipment.
- Develop and grow a relationship with the members and guests of the club by proactively communicating and becoming the subject matter expert of the facilities, ensuring they are clean, maintained, and well cared for.
- Serve as Assistant Tournament Director for any USTA events at facility or club events.
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such as member and guest satisfaction, facility appearance, and efficiency.
- Manage a budget for your department adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis.
- Provide training and indirect supervision of the tennis team, ensuring they are trained, effective, and adhere to all Vacasa policies and procedures
- Partner and assist marketing and group sales departments to promote the club.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members and upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager, club desk operations, or pro shop when necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required. College/degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience coaching/instructing at USPTA P2 or higher level.
- USPTA P2 Certification required. CPR and First Aid certifications strongly preferred.
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Strong attention to detail
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to play the game of tennis at a high level of competition.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.