Security Officer Lead at Sea Colony
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we're looking for
Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic leader who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in safety and customer service. By providing personalized attention to our guests and owners, you will help us protect our quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes for the summer season.
- $18 to $19 / HR
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you'll do
- Work Midnight shift - 12am - 8am
- Supervise a shift of 5 – 10 security officers
- Perform security, fire prevention and protection duties, emergency medical response and perimeter control.
- Interface in a friendly manner with employees, owners, guests and vendors.
- Monitor site via vehicle, bike and walking patrols to ensure a safe and secure environment. Report illegal or suspicious activities, loitering or disturbing the peace over the entire property and assist guests with their issues.
- Respond to and take appropriate actions during security, fire, medical and other emergencies. This may include monitoring and responding to security and fire alarms (including traffic and pedestrian control).
- Monitor security console, handle telephone duties, two-way radio dispatch communications and other security related administrative/clerical functions.
- Complete required shift logs and other reports as needed.
- Maintain liaisons with local police, emergency response management, public safety and medical authorities.
The skills you’ll need
- 4+ years training in security, military, and/or law enforcement preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead within a team environment
- Ability to make sound decisions with little supervision
- Provide a sense of security to employees, owners, and guests
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent communication skills
Work environment and physical demands
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.