Sr. Regional Portfolio Analyst - Gulf Shores
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Yield Management at Vacasa
Become a member of Vacasa’s industry leading Revenue Management team as an Analyst - Pricing & Yield Management that will help us maximize revenue on Vacasa’s network of vacation homes worldwide. This position is a critical component of the Revenue Management organization that focuses on maximizing revenue for each and every one of our homeowners and Vacasa by predicting consumer demand, focusing on relentless business process execution and setting up pricing and demand strategies to help Vacasa win in the marketplace. In Revenue Management, we are guided by empowered team members that make informed decisions that impact Vacasa’s and our owners revenue. Through collaboration and exposure to challenging business problems, we create multiple opportunities to foster your learning and growth. We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, take initiative and are data and results driven. You’ll be responsible for up to $100M in annual revenue, you’ll work with colleagues in Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations and our IT and Data Science teams. Come join us in our shared purpose of Bringing Vacations Home and helping us unlock the full potential of the homes our homeowners entrust in our care.
What you'll do
- Maximize homeowner & Vacasa revenue within your assigned region using revenue management and pricing strategiesSetup long range revenue strategies based on historical data and execute against real-time market conditions
- Use advanced modeling and tools to forecast changes to guest demand, competitive environment and market dynamicsUnderstanding of the marketplace and pricing/yield strategies to drive a competitive advantage based on consumer buying behavior
- Analyze the market dynamics & competitive landscape to identify trends in order to develop strategies and make evidence-based decisions based on quantitative analysis to drive revenue growth
- Communicate analysis and strategies to senior leadership, design departmental business processes, analyze the effects that strategies have on performance, and work on projects that help us improve our overall revenue and advance our goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and develop a collaborative relationship with Operation, Sales, Marketing, Revenue Analysis, Owner Experience & Onboarding teams to identify opportunities and continually improve revenue performance & ensure that Vacasas’s revenue management strategy is understood and supported by other teams across the company
- Monitors trends in reservations, occupancy, rates, fees & overall revenue to identify problems and opportunities, initiates appropriate actions, measures results and quickly pivots
- Ability to independently make multiple decision, learn from your mistakes, and quickly pivot
Skills you'll need
- BS in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Math or equivalent areas (Master’s of Business Administration or related field Preferred)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions, and present recommendations
- Interest in optimization problem-solving, economic game theory, and consumer buying behavior
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions while taking ownership of job responsibilities
- Comfortable making hundreds of decisions and taking calculated risks, monitoring the impact of those decisions
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with software programs used in conducting quantitative analysis (Oracle, SAS, etc.)
- Skilled in Spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Self-starter with unrelenting intellectual curiosity
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time, and prioritize in a time sensitive environment based on revenue impact
- This position is located in Gulf Shores, AL and requires a hybrid schedule.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.