Software Engineer, Workflow
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
As a Software Engineer II on our Workflow Team you will contribute to our new workflow engine that will manage our ticket/issue lifecycle for different types of Customer issues. The implementation will involve a mix of AI and rules based elements, and will follow an evolutionary architecture pattern. This will become a core component of the Vacasa platform - you will work with teams (both inside and outside of engineering) in order to gather requirements and deliver a highly impactful and visible product that will have touch points with both Owners on the Vacasa platform as well as our internal Field Staff.
An effective Engineer in this role will collaborate with the other Engineers on the team to write and contribute code to this exciting product.
What you'll do
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in accordance with established standards.
- Debug and resolve software defects
- Work closely with senior engineers and cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement software solutions
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Write and execute unit tests to verify functionality and identify any defects
- Collaborate with QA teams to ensure quality deliverables
- Seek feedback from peers and supervisors to enhance technical skills and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Foster a healthy and collaborative team culture where you operate with empathy and understanding
Skills you'll need
- Ability to work in office 4 days / week with the option to work from home 1 day / week.
- 2+ years of experience of software development
- Experience with Python or Typescript
- Version control using Git and collaborative tools like GitHub
- Experience with web frameworks like Django (Python) or Express (TypeScript)
- Excellent problem-solving and coding skills
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ability to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Meal vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or OFAC screening.