Full Stack Software Engineer
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join us in using our modern tech (React, Typescript, Python) to solve the unique challenges that our teams face in enabling amazing vacations every day. Our team values:
- Low ego, high empathy with strong interpersonal skills. You’ll be working alongside specialists in frontend development, backend development, product management, and user research that are all using their unique strengths to pull together in one direction.
- Thinking outside of the box as you’ll be working on unique business problems with little precedent to go off of. We frequently test these ideas through shipping experimental working software to a subset of users to collect feedback.
- Sustainable pace in order to maximize business outcomes. We lean towards moving fast to learn fast, but not at the expense of the health of our people or our products. We know when to roll up our sleeves to be scrappy and when to slow down with intentionality.
What you'll do
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be a key influencer on your team, solving mission-critical problems and being a hands-on contributor to our ever-evolving systems. We believe to shine in this role, you’re good at:
- Actively contributing to the team’s software stack, tools, and agile processes
- Designing and building small/medium enhancements that are backed by test automation
- Regularly deploying and monitor contributions into production systems
- Supporting your team in collaborative code reviews and discussions
- Reasoning on how your work items provide business and user value
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 years of experience with React
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code that places maintainability over cleverness
- Experience with Typescript (or an eagerness and confidence in ability to ramp quickly in the language)
- Experience consuming RESTful API endpoints
- Experience with modern backend development (we use Python/Django and Typescript/NestJS deployed on Serverless/AWS)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience with Agile software development processes
Nice to have
- Completed a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with PHP/Laravel
- Experience building and developing in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerized applications (Docker or K8s)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code
Vacasa Core Competencies
- Customer Focus: Communicates effectively, builds effective teams
- Functional Excellence: Develops talent, values differences
- Managing Change: Drives vision and purpose, drives engagement
- Drive for Results: Instills trust, demonstrates self-awareness