Lead Maintenance Technician
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Maintenance Lead. This person is a hard-working individual who will embody our values while ensuring the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties are met. This person will manage a small group of maintenance technicians and work closely with the local management team.
- $29 / hour
- Up to $100 per month car allowance for eligible employees
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Lead the maintenance operations in Winter Park, Fraser, Granby, & Grand Lake, traveling between multiple worksites each day
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests and owners by ensuring our homes are well maintained through preventative maintenance and regular inspections
- Directly respond to guest issues regarding maintenance, as needed
- Appliance troubleshooting
- Cable/wifi troubleshooting
- Basic HVAC repair
- Light plumbing
- Order, maintain, and replenish maintenance supplies and inventory
- Assist with scheduling and distribution of tickets
- Manage a team in a time-sensitive environment
- You’ll be called upon after normal business hours, on weekends, and on holidays
- Respond to or delegate after-hours calls, as necessary
- Ensure maintenance staff follow through on assignments and give instructions regarding work methods and routines
- Support your team and model the behaviors and actions that you expect from your team with attention to detail, professionalism, productivity, and reliability
- Provide input on performance evaluations, resolving problems, and implementing disciplinary action with assistance from your manager and Human Resources
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with team members and management team
- Correspond on a regular basis with your local management team and team members
- Be available and willing to assist your colleagues and management team when necessary
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager and Co-Lead(s) when necessary
- Meet with homeowners and talk about possible repairs and upgrades
- Maintain hot tubs as needed; no experience necessary - we offer on-site training
- Collect and remove trash and debris
- Maintain required Maintenance metrics on efficiency
- Attend all mandatory individual and team meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned - because every day looks different
- The shift for this role will be Wednesday through Saturday. Please ensure that you are able to work this schedule prior to applying and subject to change based on business needs.
The skills you'll need
- Reliable, consistent transportation
- Driving inclement weather conditions as required
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Push, pull, and lift less than or equal to 20 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Comfortable working with iPhones, computers and the internet/email
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.