We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Legal at Vacasa
We like a challenge. You won’t encounter a more unique and complex set of legal issues (almost) anywhere else. As Vacasa continues to grow, the curveballs keep coming...but we love it. And you can leave the suit and tie at home.
What we’re looking for
Part of Vacasa strategy includes actively acquiring homes through organic and acquisitive growth; as a result, we need to ensure the function of compliance and onboarding is fully supported within the business. The Compliance Coordinator is a clear communicator with organizational and prioritization skills. They will be responsible for coordinating, executing, and actively managing the onboarding activities for a rotating list of properties, focused on actively managing regulatory needs. This is a project management role overseeing several projects at one time, and candidates should display the ability to multitask and adapt accordingly.
What You’ll Do
- Apply for city/county business licenses and permits in regulated areas.
- Research, create and maintain comprehensive regulation documentation.
- Work with local and central teams on renewals and relicensing for homes.
- Assess and solution regulation needs to increase service quality and/or efficiency.
- Analyze and report on current regulations and ordinances.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Basic understanding of permitting and regulations.
- Experience in filling out numerous applications a day.
- Capable of maintaining a strong attention to detail while managing a high volume of repetitive forms and applications.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple departments and stakeholders and municipalities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments.
- Comfortability with a new and evolving team.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to properly assess problems and provide solutions.
- Tech-savvy - including Google applications.
- Any experience with planning or zoning is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- $25 / hour
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.