Staff Software Engineer
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is looking for a software engineer who is eager to contribute and learn who can function independently in a fast-paced software development environment.
In this role, you would be part of a cross-functional team building and operating scalable, cloud-native solutions to high-impact business problems. An ideal candidate for this role will have experience integrating cloud-based business applications (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce) and experience with iPaaS platforms (preferably MuleSoft).
What you'll do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the engineering team on integration across multiple third party and legacy components on a microservices based platform
- Play the role of an integration architect, drawing on broad technical experience and excellent verbal & written communication to advise on definition of service boundaries and service interaction, help design interfaces, and help chart the course for our technical roadmaps
- Play the role of a technical lead, drawing on broad technical experience and strong communication to advise teams on technical approach, look after technical debt, and help with work breakdown and
product roadmap planning
- Play the role of a developer, drawing on deep technical specialization and competency to help solve challenging platform integration problems, embed within a team to help them deliver under difficult circumstances, or to help incept a new team
- Train team members on integration architecture concepts and associated patterns
- Train team members on DevOps practices for provisioning cloud infrastructure and monitoring SLOs
- Design new processes to improve our teams’ engineering lifecycle, creating reusable modules and processes teams can adopt
- Continuously learn new technologies and validate concepts in order to provide strong guidance to our teams
Skills you'll need
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in architecting, designing and developing the Integration applications using the APIs and data model.
- Minimum 2 projects integrating Salesforce Service Cloud
- Demonstrated success communicating engineering concepts both visually and verbally
- Track record of providing technical direction across multiple engineering teams
- Experience authoring technical design documents and building consensus around them
- Experience analyzing and specifying non-functional requirements for subsystems built by your team
- Multiple examples of subsystems you’ve designed running well in production
- At least one area of deep technical expertise, making you the go-to resource on the topic (relevant to team’s tech stack, preferably)
- Multiple success stories mentoring fellow engineers
- Experience designing automated test suites (unit, functional, and integration)
- Proficiency in two or more programming languages (Python/TypeScript preferred)
- Experience with multiple data storage technologies (relational and non-relational)
- Experience building high-traffic applications and services in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience designing RESTful APIs and building consensus with dependent teams
- Experience designing systems in a cloud computing platform (AWS preferred)
- Experience building containerized and serverless applications, preferably in AWS
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines and writing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- $156000 - $175000 / year
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.