Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa’s Field Tools team is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer I to join us in using our modern tech (React, Typescript, Python) to solve the unique operational challenges that our field teams face in enabling amazing vacations every day. Our team values:
- Low ego, high empathy with strong interpersonal skills. You’ll be working alongside specialists in frontend development, backend development, product management, and user research that are all using their unique strengths to pull together in one direction.
- Thinking outside of the box as you’ll be working on unique business problems with little precedent to go off of. We frequently test these ideas through shipping experimental working software to a subset of users to collect feedback.
- Sustainable pace in order to maximize business outcomes. We lean towards moving fast to learn fast, but not at the expense of the health of our people or our products. We know when to roll up our sleeves to be scrappy and when to slow down with intentionality.
What you'll do
As a Full Stack Software Engineer I, you’ll be a key influencer on your team, solving mission-critical problems and being a hands-on contributor to our ever-evolving systems. We believe to shine in this role, you’re good at:
- Actively learning the team’s software stack, tools, and agile processes with curiosity
- Building small enhancements and fixes that are backed by test automation
- Regularly deploying contributions into production systems
- Engaging with your team in collaborative code reviews and discussions
Skills you'll need
- Ability to work in office 4 days / week with the option to work from home 1 day / week.
- Ability to develop in at least one backend programming language (Python/TypeScript preferred)
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code that places maintainability over cleverness
- Experience working with one data storage technology (relational databases preferred)
- Experience consuming RESTful API endpoints
- Experience writing automated tests
Nice to have
- Completed a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Typescript (or an eagerness and confidence in ability to ramp quickly in the language)
- Experience with React
- Experience with PHP/Laravel
- Experience building and developing in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerized applications (Docker or K8s)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with SQL (MySQL or Postgres)
- Experience with Agile software development processes (we use Kanban)
What You’ll Need:
- In case you want to enjoy the benefit of working hybrid, a reliable internet connection, must meet a minimum of 50 mbps
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ability to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Meal vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or OFAC screening.