Senior Data Scientist
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
As a Sr Data Scientist, you will be responsible for collecting and analyzing large datasets to train models that drive business decisions. This role requires a combination of statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning techniques to optimize pricing strategies, and many other AI/ML applications. You will co-lead initiatives and contribute to meaningful projects that have an impact on revenue.
What you'll do
- Collect, clean, and feature engineer large datasets from various sources.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify trends and insights that can inform business decisions.
- Train predictive models that optimize decisions across all departments.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of models in production.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data science techniques and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deploy models according to product requirements.
- Communicate findings, and deliver results to stakeholders on time and within budget.
- Determine when models are ready for production, including validation and testing.
- Co-lead projects, and mentor junior team members.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills you'll need
- 4+ years of experience in a data-related field (Analytics, BI, Software Engineering) with at least three years of experience as a data scientist
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, decision trees, and neural networks.
- Experience using Jupyter Notebooks, pandas, and ML libraries such as scikit-learn.
- Expert in Python 3 and SQL.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with AWS tools such as S3, Lambda, Fargate, and SageMaker.
- Strong experience working with large datasets and tools such as EMR or Spark.
- Familiarity with Docker or other container systems.
- Ability to work in office 4 days / week with the option to work from home 1 day / week
- The benefit of a hybrid schedule requires a reliable internet connection and must meet a minimum of 50 mbps
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ability to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Meal vouchers
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or OFAC screening.