Full Stack Software Engineer, Guest Division
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa’s Guest division is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join us in using our modern tech (React, Typescript, AWS) to work on guest-facing systems and applications. Our team values:
- Low ego, high empathy with strong interpersonal skills. You’ll be working alongside specialists in frontend development, backend development, product management, and user research that are all using their unique strengths to pull together in one direction.
- Thinking outside of the box as you’ll be working on unique business problems with little precedent to go off of. We frequently test these ideas through shipping experimental working software to a subset of users to collect feedback.
- Sustainable pace in order to maximize business outcomes. We lean towards moving fast to learn fast, but not at the expense of the health of our people or our products. We know when to roll up our sleeves to be scrappy and when to slow down with intentionality.
What you'll do
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be a key influencer on your team, solving mission-critical problems and being a hands-on contributor to our ever-evolving systems. We believe to shine in this role, you’re good at:
- Actively contributing to the team’s software stack, tools, and agile processes
- Designing and building small/medium enhancements that are backed by test automation
- Regularly deploying and monitoring contributions into production systems
- Supporting your team in collaborative code reviews and discussions
- Reasoning on how your work items provide business and user value
Skills you'll need
- Minimum 1 years of experience with React
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code that places maintainability over cleverness
- Experience with Typescript (or an eagerness and confidence in ability to ramp quickly in the language)
- Experience consuming RESTful API endpoints
- Experience with modern backend development (we use Typescript/NestJS/AWS Lambda)
- Experience with Python (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (ideally Postgres)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience with Agile software development processes (we use Scrum)
- Ability to work in office 4 days / week with the option to work from home 1 day / week
- The benefit of a hybrid schedule requires a reliable internet connection and must meet a minimum of 50 mbps
- Completed a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building and developing in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerized applications (Docker or K8s)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Ability to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Meal vouchers
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or OFAC screening.