We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we're looking for
The Pro-Shop Attendant will interact with customers daily to assist in their tennis requests - reserving court time, registering for clinics or private lessons. As the main point of contact for the customers, the pro-shop attendant must be knowledgeable, friendly, and able to multitask. This position is part time year round.
- $18 / hour
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you'll do
- Informing customers of and enrolling them in programs and events
- Working in the pro-shop selling, straightening, and re-stocking merchandise
- Answering phone calls and booking private lessons
- Checking in players and monitoring players on courts
- Assisting court attendants with re-filling water jugs and/or picking up balls
The skills you’ll need
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, must be detail oriented and must be able to interact with customers
- Must be proficient with computers and internet based POS system
- Must have previous experience working with customers and/or receptionist type duties
- Availability: must be able to work weekends
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.