We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is seeking hard-working, energetic employees to help us maintain our large and quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes as a Property Caretaker in Weeki Wachee, FL. Responsibilities will include maintaining homes and housekeeping; which includes deep cleaning, organizing, stocking amenities, and corresponding with our outstanding local team, as well as our central management team.
- $17 / hour
- Up to $100 per month car allowance for eligible employees
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Assist with operations in assigned location managing a specific portfolio of properties
- Manage an efficient and high-quality team, ensuring they are trained, effective, and adhere to all Vacasa policies and procedures
- Support your team with escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls and tickets
- Develop and grow a relationship with the owners of the properties by proactively communicating and becoming the subject matter expert of those properties ensuring they are clean, maintained and well cared for
- Perform light home maintenance (light bulbs, fix door hinges, unclog a toilet, etc)
- Conduct regular inspections prior to guest and owner arrivals
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such NPS, standard unit appearance, and efficiency
- Manage a budget for your portfolio adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Resolve escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls and tickets
- Partner and assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members and upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager or peers when necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior housekeeping experience a plus
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Traveling between worksites is frequent and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and maintenance duties
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Year-round position
- Full-time hours (typically 30-40, depending on season/business needs)
- On-call responsibilities
- Some weekend and holiday availability required
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.