We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America, thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Onboarding at Vacasa
If Vacasa’s incredible growth didn’t make it obvious, we’re good at what we do. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities and teams that we work with. We’re the front-lines-problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests. We think on our feet and respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, and talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community. We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our people are what set Vacasa apart.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an Onboarding Coordinator who is a clear communicator and avid learner that possesses strong organizational skills, an attention to detail, the ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency and prioritize obligations and deadlines. They will be responsible for coordinating, executing, and actively managing the onboarding activities for a rotating list of properties from contract-signing through the home going live on the Vacasa website. The role we are hiring for is accountable for the maintenance of the wide array of workflows, systems, pipelines, and priorities related to preparing homes to go live with Vacasa and accept reservations. During this process they will be the primary caretaker of the homeowner experience, ensuring a smooth and successful transition for properties joining the Vacasa portfolio.
This position is based out of our Flagstaff, AZ market and candidates must be located within the general area and able to regularly drive to local properties. More information in the Working Conditions section below.
What you'll do
- Reports to the Onboarding Manager who will offer support and to advance your career in line with the goals of Vacasa and our rapid growth. You will be provided exposure to the onboarding of a home and its functions while being mentored by seasoned professionals.
- Oversee the entire onboarding process of a rotating portfolio of homes, from submission of signed contract through going public on the Vacasa website; including collection of information from homeowner(s) and coordination of all steps required. This includes but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the cleaning, inspections, and photography for homes entering the Vacasa portfolio
- Dispatching and communicating with third party vendors for additional services, such as photography, housekeeping, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely permit applications with local jurisdictions (In person or online)
- Analyzing historical nightly rates for local markets
- Write accurate and complete property descriptions for listings
- Problem solving for different potential roadblocks to the onboarding process
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date notes within the CRM for each step within the onboarding process while meeting productivity goals
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental relationships with corporate and local staff to facilitate a seamless onboarding process for homeowners and internal stakeholders
- Customize communication to include: local regulatory notices, prospective clients emails, team messages and requests, etc.
- Work with multiple internal teams, including marketing and Sales Operations, to increase efficiencies and drive a high-conversion sales process
- Attend regular team calls/meetings, both with individual teams as well as cross-functional partners
- Maintain general knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as any changes
- While this job primarily operates between 9am-5pm, you will sometimes be called upon after normal business hours and on weekends. Flexibility is key.
- Duties will include traveling to each new home to conduct all tasks associated with bringing a home live such as: inspections, staging, photography; etc.
- The job duties described are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their typical responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Skills you'll need
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient while having the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed
- Grounded in ethical business practices and find reward in supporting a strong sales organization
- Solution-oriented and able to uncover pathways to efficiency
- Experience using CRM software, including Salesforce
- Solid computer skills, including experience with Google software and cloud computing programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexibility and comfort working in an ever-changing environment
- Reliable High Speed Internet
- Traveling within specific market is frequent and this person will need their own reliable vehicle, valid driver license and maintain an auto liability insurance policy that adequately covers the vehicle for business use.
Home office setting with occasional training sessions and offsite team meetings in our various regions. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient and professional communication with prospective clients, local operations teams, contractors, fast-moving sales executives, and sales leadership.
Drive time to local properties to complete functions required to onboard the property; not limited to inspections and photography. Some of these job tasks may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
- $24 / hour
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.