Guest Services Manager at Bahama Bay Resort
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a passionate and energetic, customer service and employee focused leader to manage and lead a team of Front Desk Specialists. This includes managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing behavioral based coaching and feedback at the individual and team level, maintaining focus and balancing quality of service provided with productivity, monitoring customer service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as a point of contact for escalated customer contacts. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead and develop a team, effective communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to adapt to and lead change.
- $47,000 / year
- More benefits and company perks information below
What You’ll Do
- Lead, develop, and motivate a team of Front Desk Specialists at Bahama Bay Resort in Davenport, FL
- Provide behavioral based coaching and feedback in all areas of performance such as metrics, the customer experience, and conduct
- Act as the first point of contact for our guests, vendors, and, occasionally, our owners within a local management office
- Be responsible for taking incoming phone calls, occasional outbound calls, and responding to emails or chats on a daily basis from guests who have questions or concerns about a reservation, statement or other concern
- Assist with the creation and delegation of maintenance and housekeeping tickets (If applicable)
- Verify unit availability to assist with scheduling vendor or realtor visits
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such as guest satisfaction, accuracy, efficiency, and inquiry conversion to reservations
- Identify potential owner leads from walk-ins or incoming calls and pass the information along to your designated Vacasa Business Development Representative
- Build and maintain business relationships and open lines of communications with other internal support teams
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 or more years of management experience in hospitality and/or related field required
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a staff
- Ability to motivate a team into high performance
- Strong knowledge of general hotel industry practices and policies
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.