Local Operations Manager
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is looking for an enthusiastic and strong leader to join our team as a Local Operations
Manager. A successful candidate in this role has both strong communication and an ability to
learn as you go in a fast-paced environment while working independently. They will be called
upon to do anything from changing a light bulb, to helping a guest figure out how to light a
gas fireplace over the phone, to walking an owner through their monthly statement.
- $55000 / year
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Oversee operations in the Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire region.
- Develop and grow a relationship with the owners of the properties by proactively communicating and becoming the subject matter expert of those properties ensuring they are clean, maintained and well cared for
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such as NPS, standard unit appearance, and efficiency Manage a budget for the region adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Manage an efficient and high-quality team, ensuring they are trained, effective, and adhere to all Vacasa policies and procedures
- Support your team with escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls and tickets
- Partner and assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellowregional teammembers and upper management team
- Ensure work is documented and information is disseminated to local manager, fieldstaff, guests, and owners.
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager and Co-LOM(s) when necessary
- Ensure that regular inspections are conducted prior to guest and owner arrivals
The skills you’ll need
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior customer service, administrative, or executive assistant experience a plus
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Ability to work daily from our local office located in Yarmouth, MA
- Occasional travel between worksites. This person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and maintenance duties if in the field
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.