We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa
Finance at Vacasa is much more than dollars and analytics, it’s about building relationships across the organization to increase trust, partnership, and creating one shared source of truth and the ability for people to healthfully disagree and work together. It is about helping the organization accurately reflect performance and to see around the corner and understand how performance today impacts us over the next 12-24 months and highlights the areas of focus that have the greatest impact. We strive to be a trusted business partner which requires intellect, collaboration, curiosity, dedication and ingenuity to achieve. Our team works together to find and implement solutions in the face of challenges at every turn. We make it happen and we grow--ourselves and our company.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Accountant I to support our various channels. You'll need to know your way around excel, and be comfortable with both automated and manual processes on the accounting side. You must have an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, be highly self-motivated and directed, committed to solving problems efficiently, and interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth and improvement. This is a position that must be able to set the standard for integrity and professionalism and interact with a diverse team.
Please ensure that you upload an English version of your resume / C.V.
What you'll do
- Day-to-day accounting for reconciling Vacasa activity across different channels
- Drive process improvements and research relevant accounting topics
- Support monthly close process
- Reconcile third-party data to our internal data
- Validate transactions from our automated Revenue Processing Service
- Generate reports out of NetSuite
- Perform flux analysis
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts using company templates
- Correspond with other corporate departments to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Assist in interim and annual audit process
- Contribute to continued process development and improvement for existing and new accounting systems and procedures
- Support the continued development, execution, and automation of standardized reporting
- Conduct UAT testing on new system implementations
- Work cross functionally to improve processes throughout the reservation life cycle, increasing efficiency and eliminating duplication of work
- Identify areas for improvement in process and efficiency in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
Skills you'll need
- Reliable internet connection, must meet a minimum of 50 mbps
- Proven ability to navigate accounting systems, preparing/posting journal entries, and developing/maintaining reconciliations.
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- Process improvement, ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvements
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build strong business partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Adaptability, responsiveness to change, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Proficiency with Google apps for business
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Adherence to company policies
- Ability to work from home
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related subject
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities, and exercise good judgment
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
- 1-2 years progressive accounting experience
- Bilingual English / Spanish required.
- $14000000 - $22000000 CLP
What you'll get
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Remote work (Within Chile)
- Extended Health Benefits
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or OFAC screening.