Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Are you a talented high caliber engineer looking to join a collaborative team where you can make a massive impact on growing business? Do you take pride in building great software using modern technologies? Are you looking to join and build a team that makes work fun?! Do you want to help build the future of streaming media in businesses? Engineering is a tight group in which everyone has an impact on the success of our company. If this sounds compelling, let’s talk.
The Rockbot team helps businesses, brands, and places succeed by empowering them to deliver better customer experiences and build stronger connections through media in real-world spaces. We are technologists, music lovers, and content creators all focused on producing the most amazing customer experience possible - and we’re having a great time doing it!
As a Mobile React Native developer on the team, you will help lead the development of iOS/Android React Native applications. Our ideal candidate is someone who continually strives to create functional applications for the user, while continuously looking for ways to make internal processes more efficient and functional. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our Product teams to maintain and improve systems, processes, and product offerings.
We’re on a rocketship and expanding our business rapidly - reach out to jump aboard!
- Develop cross platform applications for iOS and Android using React Native
- Implement or assist backend engineers in implementing mobile REST API endpoints (Go)
- Work closely with product and design to implement new functionality and features
- Be a leading member of the mobile engineering team as you help grow it
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the mobile space
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we're doing and how we do it
- 5+ years of experience in React Native software development as well as experience working specifically on (iOS/Android) (3+ years)
- 2+ years of backend development experience (Golang or similar)
- Experience deploying/managing applications in Apple App Store/Google Play Store
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, Gradle
- Experience working directly with design/product to build product requirements
Rockbot is the first streaming platform to seamlessly combine TV, Music, and Digital Signage into one simple interface enabling businesses of all sizes to easily control their guest experience. We power in-location media for dozens of industries such as fitness, retail, hotels, restaurants, major airports and SMBs everywhere. Rockbot is backed by Google Ventures, Detroit Ventures, Universal Music and other leading investors.
Rockbot takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $130K to $180K, plus equity, and benefits for all team members.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves and those around us accountable. Admit mistakes, learn from them, share information and take ownership.
- Curiosity: Test your beliefs proportional to impact, get feedback from others and be proactive. Learn new things. Have a growth mindset and evolve.
- Empathy: We all have the ability to understand one another. Let's be better together by practicing empathy and understanding for one another.
- Drive: We pursue our mission with relentless tenacity, passion, and positivity.
- Ingenuity: We use innovation and imagination to solve tough challenges. We ask why and how quite a bit! We do our best to collaborate to come up with solutions.
- Integrity: We trust you to do the right thing and act with integrity and Rockbot core values in mind. We’re a team working toward a collective goal.
Rockbot is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.