Sr. Software Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
If selected for a position in either Chicago or Austin*, you'll enjoy a hybrid work arrangement, allowing you to spend two days a week working from our office. Additionally, we provide an accommodation process for those who may require full remote work.
*Hybrid positions are only applicable to employees within a 35-mile radius of Provi offices
What you'll be doing
- Help build out new scalable services and systems for Product Catalog and Inventory, Pricing, Distributor and Order Integration Automation, Order Flow, Payment Systems and others
- Engage with principal engineers and product management team to understand functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and build innovative solutions
- Assess the impacts on designs and production code based on changes in functional requirements and present those findings to stakeholders, peers and management
- Gain knowledge and control of integration endpoints (Data Integrations, Order Processing, Pricing systems, etc)
- Participate in all phases of Agile methodology (planning, grooming, daily standups, retros)
- Work closely with other developers on your team and collaborate effectively with other teams to deliver features that span teams. Focus on the benefit to the customer, not which team owns a component.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience building scalable backend services in a modern programming language (eg Java, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and building REST APIs for scalable web services. GraphQL knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Understanding of key components of scalable web services architecture including containers, load balancing and distributed caches. Experience breaking up monoliths into more scalable SOA solutions is a big plus.
- Experience with data modeling and working with SQL and NoSQL database technologies (eg Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Experience building and deploying services on AWS
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle including design, test and continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems
- Experience working with frontend developers to integrate with backend APIs and address scale and performance issues in production environments
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role above. Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies, and work location. Base pay is just one component of the Company's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, the Company provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.