Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
We are actively seeking a seasoned Product Marketing Manager to spearhead the design and execution of robust go-to-market strategies for all Provi products. This role is pivotal in bridging the gap between our customers, marketing, sales, and product teams. You will be expected to possess an in-depth understanding of each product offering and its unique value proposition to our customers. Your innate ability to comprehend the needs of our target audience will be instrumental in leveraging the potential of every marketing channel to enhance product awareness.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be entrusted with the company's product launches and the acceleration of product adoption through channel distribution, content creation, sales enablement, and analytics. Your expertise will guide us in positioning our products and crafting compelling messaging that elevates each product into a distinct brand.
Your primary objective as a Product Marketing Manager is to stimulate demand for our products through effective messaging and innovative marketing programs. Successful execution of these responsibilities will result in a shorter sales cycle, increased adoption, higher retention rates, and enhanced customer satisfaction.
What you'll be doing
- Architect and execute go-to-market plans for new products and devise growth strategies for existing ones.
- Collaborate with the Product team to gather user feedback, align on the product roadmap, comprehend product features, and develop messaging that articulates how our product resolves user challenges.
- Partner with the product, marketing, and sales teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of our product offerings and customer needs.
- Craft product messaging that distinguishes our new products and services from competitors in the market.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and market research data.
- Communicate the value of new products and services to the sales and marketing team.
- Represent our product both internally and externally to promote its unique story.
- Develop and implement promotional activities such as product launches.
- Create engaging product content such as sales enablement materials, case studies, videos, website copy, and blog posts.
- Gain insights into customer usage of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to develop customer-facing release notes.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Marketing (B2B, e-commerce, or bev-alc industry preferred).
- Proven track record of employing a data-driven approach to drive strategies, leveraging a strong command of business goals, metrics, and objectives.
- Exceptional ability to communicate product changes to our customers in a comprehensible manner.
- Proficiency in identifying how products meet the needs of each of our customer personas and serve as the internal subject matter expert for each audience.
- Ability to develop a product strategy while maintaining a balance between your team’s vision for the product and the needs of the customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting skills.
- Deep understanding of the market, product sales strategies, and the channels they are sold into.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- HubSpot CRM
- Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Meet, and more)
- Provi’s proprietary software databases
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Provi
Something looks off?