Head of Paid Media
Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Mixbook is on the hunt for a dynamic Head of Paid Media to join our team and take charge of elevating our brand presence. You’ll be the driving force behind the scaling and expansion of our paid media channels. You’ll play a pivotal role in crafting a scalable and uniquely personalized creative strategy across all paid media platforms as well as growing our mobile channel. Your expertise will be crucial in unlocking the full potential of omnichannel marketing, maximizing our opportunity to scale acquisition channels.
This is a US-based, remote position with quarterly travel to the San Francisco Bay Area.
What You’ll Do
- Optimize existing channels, identify new channel opportunities and develop recommendations and implementation plans to consistently optimize the marketing channel mix, scale growth efforts and improve ROI through data decision making
- Work with agencies to build out, manage and scale multiple digital acquisition marketing channels, including (but not limited to) Display, Paid Social, SEM, Mobile, and DRTV/CTV.
- Expand our affiliate program to reach upper and mid-funnel audience segments resulting in exponential new customer growth.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and, in collaboration with Finance, adjust plans monthly based upon realized return on investment
- Leverage analytics to monitor and analyze campaign performance across full funnel marketing metrics to make data-driven decisions, and proactively identify opportunities to optimize paid media channels
- Scale channels by testing new opportunities and running experiments across platforms
- Manage relationships of our agencies and partner cross-functionally with design, data, marketing, and other relevant teams to execute paid media programs that will drive ROAS and CAC efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data, marketing, ecommerce, and product, to align paid media strategies with business objectives and goals.
- Manage, mentor and inspire one high performing direct report
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of applicable marketing/media experience - direct to consumer preferred
- Experience leading paid media strategy for e-commerce brands with minimal oversight
- Experience working closely with agency partners on integrated strategy, planning, and measurement
- Hands on experience with a variety of paid media channels including Programmatic, SEM, Paid Social and Affiliate
- Experience with mobile app marketing and demonstrated success in scaling
- Proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns, and translating data into insights that drive enhanced performance outcomes
- Previous experience managing direct reports required
- Analytical mindset and a data-driven approach to problem solving. Ability to develop and communicate insights and trends in a concise manner.
- Global paid media experience and omnichannel attribution experience are a huge plus!
- Eager to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ready to wield your unparalleled analytical skills to establish priorities and communicate expectations
- Established credibility through vision, thought leadership, technical expertise, and implementation
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love.
Unlike many growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business. We’ve adopted Patrick Lencioni’s principles from his book, “The Advantage”, and work diligently to foster a healthy environment - characterized by high morale + productivity, low turnover, and minimal politics + confusion. Our team is built on a foundation of vulnerability-based trust, engaging in constructive conflict, focusing on results and the following core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)
If you’re a candidate who values a healthy, thriving organizational culture and understands the importance of actively contributing to it, we invite you to apply.