Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Mixbook is a place where far more than just work happens. It’s a place where our team has the opportunity to connect with each other, take creative risks, and engage with our community with the goal of achieving our mission: to empower creativity and deepen human connection.
As a Senior Accountant at Mixbook, you'll be at the heart of our financial operations, preparing and analyzing intricate financial statements, unraveling trends, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure our financial accuracy remains unmatched. Your mission will be to provide not just numbers, but insights that propel our business forward.
This is a US-based remote position.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Provide insights into financial performance by identifying trends, variances, and potential areas of concern.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for management and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile complex accounts and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review journal entries and adjustments to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Contribute to month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Coordinate with other departments to gather necessary financial data and ensure proper accruals.
- Identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes and improve efficiency.
- Propose and implement enhancements to financial reporting tools and systems.
- Participate in audits and provide necessary documentation to auditors.
- Collaborate with FP&A to support creation of budgets and financial forecasts as well as to ensure our expenses are allocated appropriately.
- Collaborate with third-party tax preparer by providing necessary financial information for tax return preparation (sales, VAT, Local & international Business tax)
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or combination of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a CPA license
- 6+ years of hands-on accounting experience, ideally in an e-commerce or SAAS environment
- Advanced Excel abilities to expertly dissect intricate financial data, fostering data-driven insights.
- Demonstrated track record of preparing financial reports in accordance with GAAP guidelines
- Successfully managed a high volume of transactions while maintaining accuracy and integrity of financial records
- Familiarity with ERP and AP Automation tools (bonus points for previous work with INTAACT, Netsuite, Bill.com, or Tipalti)
Nice To Have
- Public accounting experience
- Familiarity with variance analysis - ability to explain budgets vs. actuals, for example
- Previous work with HRIS/Payroll systems implementations
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love.
Unlike many growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business. We’ve adopted Patrick Lencioni’s principles from his book, “The Advantage”, and work diligently to foster a healthy environment - characterized by high morale + productivity, low turnover, and minimal politics + confusion. Our team is built on a foundation of vulnerability-based trust, engaging in constructive conflict, focusing on results and the following core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)
If you’re a candidate who values a healthy, thriving organizational culture and understands the importance of actively contributing to it, we invite you to apply.