Senior Product Manager - GenAI
Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Unlike most growth companies, we have invested deeply in our culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy, and we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to do their best work. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’ve been hoping for, and you are a visionary, strategic, and results-oriented product leader with a passion for technology, design, and creating experiences that users love, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to make a significant impact on the future of storytelling.
Mixbook is the #1 rated photo book service in the US with a profitable, growing business, and we’re seeking a Senior Product Manager - GenAI to drive the next generation of visual storytelling through automation of photobooks and future digital artifacts. At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We are passionate about providing our customers with unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories that transform their lives. We believe that storytelling is a powerful way to build relationships, and we are committed to helping our customers create unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
As our next Senior Product Manager for GenAI, you will be responsible for creating the vision and strategy for the storytelling engine of the future - GenAI. As the Product Lead partnering with Design and Engineering, you will translate customer needs and business requirements into engineering and design requirements.
You will establish and own success metrics (KPIs) and engineering prioritization for product and feature launches. You will also review and conduct research, competitive analysis, customer feedback, market sizing, technology assessment, and modeling.
Location & Remote Work Details
This is a US-based remote position with required quarterly travel to the Bay Area.
What You’ll Do
- Create the vision and strategy for the Mixbook storytelling engine of the future - Gen AI.
- Lead the product development process from concept to launch. This will involve working closely with cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and data science
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AI trends and technologies and use your expertise to identify new opportunities and stay ahead of the competition.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs, market trends, and opportunities.
- Define and create success metrics for the product team. Establish KPIs and tracking product performance over time.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including customers, and internal teams, to ensure the product meets their needs and expectations. Gather feedback and incorporate it into the product development process.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of overall working experience with 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, D2C/B2C strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of Ai concepts and how they can be applied to solve business or consumer problems
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, and computer vision a plus
- Previous work in the visual space (video, pictures, etc.)
- Experience with AI training models, Large Language Models a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or humanities-related college degree preferred
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. Unlike most growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business.
We want people to join us who exude our core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)