Application Engineering Developer
At Higher Logic, engagement happens here. As the industry-leading, human-focused engagement platform we deliver powerful online communities and communication tools to organizations looking to build, retain, and grow their member or customer base. We’re obsessed with engagement and, with over 13 years of experience in the industry, we’ve got it down to a science. We are a global company with offices throughout the US, Canada, and Australia. We serve more than 3,000 customers, representing over 350,000 online communities with over 200 million users across 42 countries worldwide.
Our team is a thriving community of authentic people with diverse experiences and perspectives. We are honest and genuine and believe that sharing ideas and feedback openly helps us to be successful. We believe that diversity and empathy bring us #AllTogether to make us stronger. We learn from failure and successes because both help us to grow and learn. We strive to understand the why behind our actions and bring our best selves to work every day.
The Application Engineering Developer will be part of a dynamic and growing team. You will work closely with the Client Services and Core Support teams in support of Higher Logic’s ever-evolving offering of leading enterprise software services. The Application Engineering team is also responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting our proprietary suite of software services and detecting application bugs. You will work with team members to support the Development and DevOps teams in managing and troubleshooting fundamental services in both physical and cloud-based environments. Excellent communications skills and the ability to multitask are a must.
This role is part of a team of skilled and dedicated individuals who support Higher Logic’s highly available, multi-tier enterprise SaaS solutions on a 24x7 basis within the production environments.
- Engages and collaborates regularly with team members to ensure proper cross training and minimize wasted effort.
- Takes direction and feedback from management and other team members.
- Follows through on assigned tasks, with some assistance.
- Completes basic technical support and troubleshooting tasks, including:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of customer escalations from Support teams.
- Performing basic analysis of code to assist with triaging and remediation of application-based issues, escalating as necessary.
- Monitoring system resources & services at the application level utilizing Log Analysis & APM tools and respond to outages in a timely manner.
- Resolving critical incidents utilizing tools in conjunction with associated logs.
- Using basic to complex SQL queries in resolving issues.
- Analyzing HTML and various scripting languages in research of resolving application issues.
- Ensures issue resolutions are communicated and expectations met in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides content for the development and updating of product documentation as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in the Information Technology field desired.
- Experience in supporting SaaS applications in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting using browser dev tools.
- Familiarity with SSMS and SQL or similar.
- Basic knowledge of PHP, ColdFusion or other dynamic web development languages desired.
- Basic knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Experience with monitoring software like Datadog a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face the challenges of a very fast-paced, high-energy, organization.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to multi-task.
What you’ll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.