Head of Insurance Operations
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Foxen provides innovative insurance compliance solutions and financial services for the mutual benefit of property owners, managers, and residents in multifamily real estate. Foxen is comprised of technologists and developers, insurance and finance professionals, and property management industry veterans. We leverage extensive expertise and collaboration to deliver technology-driven solutions that seamlessly meet the needs of our customers. Foxen’s products revolutionize flawed and antiquated processes, while simultaneously creating property revenue and financial wellness for residents.
What You’ll Do:
As the leader of the Foxen Insurance Operations unit, you will report to the Chief Insurance Officer and be responsible for insurance operations supporting Foxen’s Property Damage Liability Waiver Program. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build and manage Foxen’s P&C agency operations and provide expert guidance on P&C insurance-related matters to Company leaders. You’ll play an important role in helping to identify and drive solutions for challenges facing Foxen’s customers.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced property & casualty insurance professional who has substantial experience in operations at an agency or brokerage, Program Administrator/MGA, or carrier that sells surplus lines insurance products. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset and experience developing and leading high-performing teams. They will be self-directed with a passion for collaborating and problem-solving, with the ability to adapt as the Company’s needs evolve.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Insurance Operations unit supporting Foxen’s Property Damage Liability Waiver Program, to include building and managing a surplus lines Program administrator function and developing a high performing and engaged team.
- Develop and implement underwriting guidelines, policy forms, and quoting and placement procedures.
- Coordinate services with Foxen third-party partners, including fronting carriers and claims TPAs. Establish new partnerships as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Provide strategic and operational guidance to Foxen leadership and employees on a variety of insurance-related matters, including policy administration, premium handling, surplus lines taxes, and claims.
- Collaborate with Foxen Legal & Compliance to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including data collection, maintenance of required documentation, and coordination of regulatory reports. Lead or participate in the performance of internal audits and reviews to ensure service quality.
- Support new business initiatives and P&C products.
- Drive complex projects to successful completion; diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique challenges.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college; P&C producer license, CPCU, or equivalent insurance-specific education.
- Ten or more years of relevant P&C insurance experience, including at the management level.
- Strongly preferred: Experience in operations or underwriting at a P&C insurance brokerage, Program Administrator/MGA, or insurance carrier that sells surplus lines products.
- Pluses: Experience with P&C claims and/or supporting new product development.
- Demonstrated experience building effective and engaged teams.
- Able to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organization and with external partners and customers.
- Outstanding project management skills; strategic, organized, responsible, and able to exercise independent judgment to guide a team in prioritizing competing demands and completing high quality work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals; a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Enjoy working within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic.
Where You’ll Work:
Columbus Office: Located in the heart of the Arena District in Downtown Columbus, Ohio, our corporate office overlooks Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. With collaboration and team building top of mind, our large open office features multiple areas for group settings, 7+ conference rooms and a company meeting space. You can also look forward to monthly catered lunches, holiday celebrations, bottomless local coffee, and other exciting activities. Off the clock, take advantage of nearby events happening at Nationwide Arena, Kemba Live, and Lower.com field all within walking distance!