Workplace Operations Associate
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is looking for an organized and energetic Workplace Operations Associate to manage the day-to-day workplace operations of our Oakland, California office. In this role you will manage vendors and other service partners, act as point of contact to property management/landlord, resolve employee requests, as well as plan and execute events. This role has a lot of opportunity for growth as our team expands. If you have a passion for connecting with people and are passionate about Workplace Operations, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Own day-to-day office operations running smoothly at our Oakland, California office, overseeing all building functions
- You understand your daily office presence is necessary to ensure the office is a great place to work for employees
- Support Fivetran’s Hybrid Workplace strategy, recognizing the importance of providing an equitable experience for employees who work from home and come to the office
- Direct and manage the quality of service levels, coordinating maintenance, shipping, lunches, snacks, janitorial, hot desking, event services, etc.
- Communicate office policies and procedures
- Communicate program and policy information with regular updates on Slack and our company Wiki
- Maintain an orderly, safe, and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Acquire intimate and detailed knowledge of the building, its systems, operations, and lease
- Act as Fivetran’s liaison to the building, establishing strong relationships with property management and/or the landlord
- You will lead tours for outside groups and new hires. Prioritize culture, safety, sustainability, and wellness
- You will participate in, create, and manage scalable programs in these areas
- Own an internal onsite events program (e.g. happy hours, game nights, hackathons, etc.) that delight our employees
- Partner with stakeholders such as executive assistants, managers, and the larger workplace operations team execute events
- Champion our company culture. Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service and work to ensure our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating
Skills We're Looking For
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience ideally with an emphasis on workplace operations in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong event management experience and the ability to plan and execute amazing events from conception to execution with little or no supervision
- Must have basic business software skills: Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, etc), or Office 365
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal: Ability to use Slack, email, Slab, etc.
- Must have strong people skills: customer service orientation, patience, ability to interact with all levels of the org including the ELT
- A passion for building communities, making workplaces operate seamlessly, and delivering an amazing customer service experience to employees
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities
- Proactive team player, self-starter, and leader with proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be willing to collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you are at ease interacting with all levels of the organization including peers, managers, and executives
- Hospitality background Project Management background
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.