Manager, Global Customer Support Engineering
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Support Manager for our Bengaluru business to improve the operation and performance of the support we provide customers. The work is very diverse — all the way from working directly with customers and your team, to working on strategic initiatives to improve our overall support operation and the improvement of the product we sell to our customers.
This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore office. This is a manager role working in Fixed Shift timings from 7 pm to 4 am, 5 days a week with optional 24x7 rotation as needed by business.
Technologies You'll Use
- Experience in working and managing with Java applications Support, Database support, API Support
What You'll Do
- Empower our Support team by setting them up for success based on their talents and career stage
- Foster a healthy, motivated, and collaborative culture while developing internal staff in their professional growth
- Manage the Support team and be responsible for driving day-to-day Support Operations including shift operations, scheduling, training, and ensuring adequate 24x7x365 support coverage
- Perform and own all aspects of the Support operations management including Hiring, Training and Professional Development of the Customer Support Engineers and driving the customer escalations to a logical closure with higher CSAT/NPS scores.
- Help define a support process that will allow our support team to scale with the company
- Closely align with other leaders in the organization and execute on OKR’s (objectives and metrics) to measure the overall team’s success
- Help define and put in practice standard operating principles for the Support Team
- Develop and execute on strategy for continuous improvement of our Support Team SLAs
- Manage the interactions between Support and Development on customer issues/feedback
- Produce reports that demonstrate team effectiveness to Engineering, Product, and Leadership teams
Skills We're Looking For
- Lead through example
- Complete ownership of customer issues
- Demonstrated success in leading teams and individual contributors
- Experience in growing the team by participating in the recruiting process
- Experience with SQL and Shell scripting
- Experienced in managing customer escalations across organizations
- Strong sense of empathy for our customers
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Exceptional communicator
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.