Staff Software Development Engineer in Test
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test with industry experience to join our team to collaborate and implement, develop and maintain Fivetran’s test automation tools and framework using reliable and scalable techniques.
As a Staff SDET in our Quality Engineering team, you will help the Core Quality Engineering team in enhancing and maintaining the Fivetran test automation framework developed utilizing the latest technologies such as Docker, Terraform by adding features to the framework utilizing different non UI open source libraries. In this role you will contribute in adding framework support for product development teams to add end-to-end tests and deliver in improving the quality of the product. You will collaborate with fellow Staff engineers on ideas, designs, and code reviews. You will play a major role in coaching Fivetran quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will continuously steer the team to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore office.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Java17, JUnit4
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Bazel, BuildKite
What You’ll Do
- Architect solutions and proposals to lead the Test development strategy and implementation that helps maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Impact Fivetran business across product verticals through the work you do.
- Build and maintain a platform that focuses on improving the quality and stability of Fivetran products.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver tools that make product development teams' lives easier.
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Build and share proof of concepts for test automation proposals and ideas.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, best practices and processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams (QE, Developers, Product, SRE) across the organization.
Skills We’re Looking For
- 9+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for solving complex software engineering problems.
- Software engineering foundation - experience designing and developing reusable libraries and experimentation platforms for backend and frontend from scratch leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOPs concepts, preferably Java.
- Experience in understanding the existing test automation frameworks and delivering in improving the framework.
- Expertise on developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, system tests.
- Hands-on experience working with any cloud technologies(AWS, GCP,Azure) and containerization methodologies like docker, K8s.
- Experience in configuring and monitoring test automation jobs as part of CI/CD pipeline with continuous integration tools like BuildKite/Jenkins.
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis.
Optional Bonus Skills
- Knowledge of observability tools like New Relic, Splunk, DataDog is a plus
- Knowledge of Data Engineering is a plus
- Knowledge of Database Testing, ETL software testing is an added plus.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.