Senior Staff Software Engineer - Data Lake
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We're looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer for our Destinations team owning Data Lake destinations. Our Data Lake architecture ensures our customers have queryable data without any transformations. We strive to continuously improve our Data Lake solution for scalability, better performance and ease of use by customers.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Java, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure, Iceberg, Delta Lake, gRPC, CircleCI
What You’ll Do
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- You will learn and execute efficient merge strategies for Data Lakes which would involve lot of storage related challenges. This would include efficient storage for performant/efficient merges & easy retrieval of data, compression, encryption etc.
Skills We're looking for
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, with recent hands-on software development experience
- Experience in architecting reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management within enterprise and/or web-scale products and platforms that operate under strict SLAs
- Experience and expertise in building back-end services and data systems
- Broad technical knowledge which encompasses Software development and automation
- Experience with the use of a wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge and expertise in working with Java or equivalent programming language, AWS, Cloud-based APIs, databases, software design and programming best practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication, and technical leadership skills
- Mentoring and guiding junior staff
- Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.