Manager, Systems Engineering - Finance Systems
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for an experienced Finance Systems Engineering Manager to build and lead our Finance Systems Engineering team. This role will start as a team of one, where you will build out the function and collaborate with our business stakeholders in Finance, Accounting, Billing, Revenue Operations, and Engineering.
The responsibilities include revising and implementing new Finance processes, building integrations between our existing systems, enhancing our automation capabilities, and implementing controls.
This role requires a highly architectural technical manager who is open to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty if necessary. Prior experience in the finance systems domain is strongly preferred.
This full-time position is based in our Oakland office.
What You’ll Do
Grow and manage a team of Finance Systems Engineers
- Run the entire application life cycle, from requirements gathering, technical design, development, and testing to deployment
- Develop and maintain integrations between Netsuite, Coupa, Salesforce, and other external systems
- Design a scalable architecture for automated finance processes
- Implement and maintain IT General Controls (ITGCs) and other SOX-compliant technical controls
- Stay informed on the latest technologies and best practices in the Finance, Procurement, Accounting, and ERP space
Collaborate with Finance, Revenue Operations, Analytics, and Engineering stakeholders
- Implement, maintain, and operate end-to-end processes and workflows in our Lead to Cash systems
- Develop and maintain integrations between Finance systems such as Netsuite or Coupa and other external systems
- Ensure end-to-end data quality
- Implement appropriate process controls
Collaborate with our Release, QA, and Support teams
- Release high-quality, resilient, secure, and reliable updates and fixes
- Develop and maintain a set of automated test cases to avoid regressions in production
- Provide ongoing support and system administration to fix production issues quickly
Build a high-performing team
- Jointly develop Career Development Plans with your team members
- Hire and onboard new team members who can hit the ground running
- Coach team members in weekly 1:1s, monthly project reviews, and quarterly check-ins
- Role model Fivetran’s values
Skills We’re Looking For
Applications, Technologies & Architecture
- Deep hands-on experience with, and architectural and technical knowledge of, Netsuite (preferred) and Coupa
- Proficiency with SuiteScript and Netsuite configuration management
- Working knowledge of other Lead-to-Cash systems such as Salesforce
- Familiarity with integration technologies such as Celigo
- Working knowledge of analytics technologies such as Bigquery, Looker, or Sigma
Business Process Knowledge
- Accounting and FP&A Processes
- Finance Operations, including Billing, Collections, and Accounts Payable
- SOX/ITGC components of each of the above
Leadership & Team Management
- Ability to develop and communicate across teams to get an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Experience in hiring highly technical developers and architects
- Proficiency in career development and performance management
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high-quality business application configurations, code, and integrations
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in development processes, project and program leadership
- Software Engineering background
- SaaS company background
- Public company and/or SOX implementation experience
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.