Sales Engineer - Enterprise
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
As a Fivetran Sales Engineer in Asia Pacific (APAC), you will drive massive transformation and efficiency for customers of all sizes in a booming market. Using your experience with Data Replication/Integration, ETL/ELT, cloud data warehousing, and analytics, you will skillfully guide prospects and partners to faster, more reliable, and secure data integration solutions. You will be directly and enthusiastically supported by a world-class Sales Engineering team, an agile and hungry APAC Sales team, and a product that “just works.”
This is a full-time remote position based in Japan.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Linux, Solaris, Windows, AIX
- Python, PL/SQL, SQL Scripts, Shell Scripts
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Salesforce, Slack, Google Suite, Google Drive.
What You’ll Do
- Drive pre-sales technical discovery and solutioning discussions with data architects, data engineers, database administrators, systems architects, and other technical professionals at all levels of customer organizations interested in getting more value out from their data
- Plan, manage, and effectively close out technical demonstrations and proof of concept (POC) projects, often serving as both the subject matter expert and project manager
- Respond to technical enquiries including Requests for Informations (RFIs), Proposals (RFPs) and similar formal documents
- Enable Fivetran staff, partner teams, and the data engineering community at large on data concepts, product features, competitive positioning, and best practices; this may take a variety of forms including but not limited to written articles, group presentations, bespoke training sessions, recorded videos, one-to-one coaching, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to new customers to ensure successful adoption and scale
- Be intimately familiar with and have a positive reputation within Japan and across the ASEAN region, with a respect for cultural nuances in each geography
Skills We’re Looking For
- Native Japanese speaker and bilingual in English
- A go getter attitude! Willing to show great initiative to get things done with creation solutions.
- At least 5 years working/operational experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or SAP within an enterprise or providing and supporting end-user database operations as a systems integrator
- Experienced in Data Replication/Integration (CDC) tools
- Proficiency in SQL scripting
- Hands-on experience with modern databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB/MySQL, MongoDB) in on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Working knowledge with one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge with modern cloud data warehousing providers ( Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or Databricks) and data lake architectures (Kafka, HDFS, S3, ADLS)
- Knowledge with SAP ECC, SAP Hana would be advantageous
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Experience selling into and influencing multi-faceted decision-groups within large and complex organizations
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English and Japanese ( Korean or Mandarin advantageous)
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.