Senior Customer Support Engineer
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Senior Customer Support Engineer, a technical-minded individual with strong troubleshooting skills to be part of our dynamic enterprise technical support team. Not only will you be able to help our customers resolve technically complex issues, but you will also be working closely with the Engineering, Sales Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to provide feedback for improving the quality and reliability of our product.
This is a full-time position based out of our Toronto office.
Technologies You’ll Use
Databases- Oracle , SQL Server, Postgres, DB2 , SAP, Zendesk, AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Snowflake , Data bricks DBeaver, Unix or Linux systems
What You’ll Do
- Provide timely troubleshooting and resolution for customer product tickets.
- Resolve customer inquiries and issues on time, professionally and with a positive attitude
- Manage the customer relationship with respect to support tickets
- Develop, test and document workarounds for product tickets reported
- Communicate with engineering to report and investigate customer issues
- Contribute solutions to the knowledgebase
- Collaborate and provide guidance and training to less experienced team members
Skills We’re Looking For
- Database experience knowledge of security, performance tuning, backup & recovery, and database query
- Unix or Linux OS experience
- Application development or support experience
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and interpersonal skills
- Proactive anticipation skills to prevent potential customer issues
- Positive attitude that leads toward successful outcomes
- Oracle Professional Certification
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
- AWS Certifications & Snowflake Certifications
- Independent, self-motivated, and quick learner
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.