From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
We're looking for a business-minded Corporate Counsel to join our global SaaS company and growing Legal Team. This attorney will report to the Associate General Counsel (Corporate), and will support our corporate transactions, equity programs, and international subsidiary management work. This is an unparalleled opportunity to bring not only your corporate transaction skills but also your broader legal and business acumen. This strategic role has the potential for a huge impact and will continue to support the maturation and expansion of Fivetran's business. The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen, be globally-minded and detail-oriented, have a right-sized risk calculus built from experience, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. We power the modern data stack from our Oakland, CA headquarters with a global team grounded in integrity, initiative, and our ethos of "1 Team, 1 Dream."
Fivetran is a start-up company where everyone rolls up their sleeves and digs into work, and this role is no different. This role can be based remotely, or out of one of Fivetran's US offices in Denver, CO or Oakland, CA.
Technologies You’ll Use
What You’ll Do
- All the responsibilities you’d expect from this role, assisting on all things related to a typical corporate counsel portfolio (transactions, equity, corporate governance, corporate insurance, and international subsidiary management).
- Assist with corporate transactions (M&A, securities, debt, financing, secondaries, etc.) which may occur one-off or on a recurring basis.
- On a day to day basis assist with managing and upleveling our corporate governance, global equity programs, subsidiary management, and more.
- Assist with our global equity programs, including empowering our Equity Administrator, in all things related to equity (including equity templates, exercises, policies and practices as it relates to equity and employee education related to equity), including working with Fivetran’s leadership and Compensation & Benefits team as it relates to existing and new equity processes.
- Working closely with Fivetran’s Finance and Accounting teams on domestic and international tax matters as it relates to corporate governance, intercompany, and international subsidiary matters.
- Assist with global expansion from a corporate governance perspective.
- Working collaboratively with and appropriately managing outside counsel, both domestic and international, on one-off and recurring legal projects and matters.
- Other special projects given your interest areas and the needs of a rapidly scaling company & team.
Skills We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of top-tier law firm and/or in-house experience representing technology companies working on complex securities law, corporate finance, corporate governance, capital markets, and strategic transactions.
- Experience supporting an IPO process.
- 1933 and 1934 Act disclosure and reporting experience.
- Mature communication and problem solving skills necessary for a fast-growing company.
- Prior relevant in-house experience at both private and publicly traded companies, preferably in hyper-growth stage company(s).
- Experience related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters.
- Ability to handle complex corporate matters with subject matter expertise in core areas, and the knowledge and experience to ask appropriate questions for areas outside of core areas of expertise.
- Team orientation first and foremost, with skills that contribute to maintaining a positive (and fun!) team and company culture.
- Excellent judgment and integrity; ability to advise with nuance.
- Business judgment to apply right-sized and risk-adjusted approaches.
- Ability to work independently and closely manage multiple outside counsels across various time zones and deadlines, with the judgment to know when to outsource to outside counsel vs. make a call internally.
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and openness to change.
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction.
- Not sure if you qualify but interested and meet most of the key qualities listed above? Please apply.
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.