Engineering Program Manager IV
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Staff Program Manager for our Engineering Program Management Office who will oversee initiatives within engineering, product, and/or support.
The mission for the Engineering Program Management Office (PMO) is to implement project and program management methodologies that enable Fivetran to deliver complex products and initiatives on time and within expectations. In addition, the Engineering PMO will act as the subject matter expert for project and program management standards, directing a department-wide approach to project delivery and communication. You will help accelerate, track, and execute on the most critical and cross cutting product and engineering, or support objectives at the company. You will communicate and work in close collaboration with partners across the engineering team as well as other business partners to achieve this vision.
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, Canada.
Technologies You’ll Use
Slab, Slack, Google for Business, Height and possibly other project management software, Sigma, Looker
What You’ll Do
- Provide regular program status updates on a variety of internal channels to all levels of the organization.
- Define project plans and schedules. Drive project execution.
- Define and own specific program metrics and objectives.
- Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication.
- Digest, understand, and communicate complex, technical/engineering issues.
- Identify and resolve conflicts or issues quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Surface and mitigate risks or defects and lead technical task forces to ensure proper planning and issue resolution.
- Manage interdependencies across multiple engineering disciplines, programs, and stakeholders including product, platform, SRE, & QA.
- Develop creative solutions, remove obstacles, and redefine approaches to balance cost, quality and delivery priorities.
- Establish, maintain and oversee program and project management processes and practices.
Skills We’re Looking For
- Can lead key high level initiatives with minimal oversight; experience managing programs focused on enterprise expansion a plus.
- Evaluates different problem solving approaches and proactively leads improvement & changes.
- Ensures accepted project management best practices are followed by teammates and leaders.
- Proactive leadership and mentorship; Is a role model for teammates.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker and ability to get up to speed on technical concepts quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field a plus, Software engineering experience a strong plus
- 5+ years of experience in either technical and non-technical program/project management, PMP certification a strong plus
- Agile and waterfall project/program management experience
- Familiarity with project management tools like Smartsheets, Trello, Asana
- Start-up experience a plus
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.