Staff Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer proficient with cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines to join our developer productivity team and perform a healthy mix of design and implementation tasks to advance the technical foundation behind the internal engineering workflows.
The team is tasked with evolving internal systems, tools and integrations used by hundreds of engineers from other teams to build a leading data platform. The role will challenge you to design, implement and improve CI/CD pipelines used by hundreds of engineers on a daily basis. You’ll also work on tools and automations that will help to improve or completely replace existing manual processes, reducing daily routine and improving performance of engineers around you. You don’t necessarily need to be a CI/CD expert before you join us, but you will need to have experience working with a diverse set of technologies, an agile mindset allowing you to easily adapt to any new technology and apply it to a task from a domain or area that you weren’t familiar with before.
A successful candidate will be able to explore existing CI/CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure to a degree when one is able to easily find issues and bottlenecks, propose and implement future proof solutions.
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, Canada.
Technologies You’ll Use
Java, TypeScript, Python, Bazel, Buildkite, EngFlow, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS, Terraform.
What You’ll Do
- Learn about Fivetran platform, development cycle and internal processes
- Design and implement improvements for a heavy loaded CI/CD pipeline used daily by hundreds of engineers
- Collaborate with a broad set of cross-functional teams (Engineering, SRE, QE, Support)
- Actively engage with teammates in design and code reviews
- Contribute to the development and planning of our roadmap
- Work across the project lifecycle: requirements, design, prototype, implementation, review, release, monitoring
- Care and feel ownership of productivity of engineers around you
Skills We’re Looking For
- Software engineering foundation - experience designing and developing reusable components, systems and cross-system integrations from scratch leveraging industry best practices
- Hands-on experience working with cloud technologies(AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Understanding of CI/CD processes
- Ability to design and code systems and software that is effective and elegantly simple
- Ability to easily switch between languages, frameworks and environments despite having favorite ones
- Skills to communicate technical topics and risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience in configuration of CI/CD pipelines using systems like Buildkite or CircleCI
- Experience with Terraform and "Infrastructure as Code" practices
- Proficiency with Bazel
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.