Senior Solution Architect, Enterprise
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
The Professional Services team at Fivetran is growing and you have the opportunity to join a function that is building from the ground up. The approaches, methodologies, working practices and team culture that we put in place now will be the template for what is to come, so if you are excited about having a hand in steering the approach of a critical function within the organization then this may be the role for you!
Fivetran data replication connectors have been implemented across many of the world's largest enterprises.
As a Solution Architect in the Services team at Fivetran, you will be responsible for facilitating the installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance of the complete suite of Fivetran connectors through your expertise in a variety of applications, datalakes, databases, and file systems.
Working directly with customer stakeholders, you will define requirements and work to facilitate an architecture and integration that fulfills those requirements. Along the way, you will facilitate the optimisation of the implementation through performance tuning, offer best-practice advice on source and target setup & use your analytical skills to technically troubleshoot issues.
An essential part of the role of the Solution Architect will be enabling customers to take responsibility for the installation once it has been tested and is ready for deployment into a Production environment. To this end, you should feel comfortable in producing enablement collateral and training teams to adopt what may be a new software application.
Finally, you will not be working alone; your role will encompass interactions not only with customer stakeholders but also with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Sales Engineers, Customer Support Engineers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers. Therefore, you should be comfortable liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders triaging on a wide range of topics.
Technologies You’ll Use
- OnPremise and cloud databases, including::
- SAP HANA
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM Db2
- OnPremise and cloud data warehouses, including::
- Operating systems, including:
- AWS, GCP or Azure environments and services
- New Relic
What You’ll Do
- Get hands-on with installation of all types (application, database, file, and event) of Fivetran connectors, which will include:
- Preparing environments for replication, which may involve SQL scripting or command-line operations to enable full transaction logging, archiving/backup and table analysis/preparation
- Configuring high volume database connectors through a mix of UIs and command-line operations
- Work with customer teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues during implementation, which will include:
- Data validation
- Performance analysis
- Database and environment tuning
- Enable customer teams to adopt and take ownership of Fivetran’s LDP connectors through training and documentation
Skills We’re Looking For
- A breadth of experience in the data integration and data replication space
- Experience in a broad range of database, data warehouse and operating systems
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Advanced command-line knowledge, including scripting with the command-line
- Advanced knowledge of networking approaches, including SSH tunneling and VPNs
- Advanced logical and analytical abilities to help solve problems and provide optimisations to databases, data warehouses, environments & networking approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to effectively collaborate with customers and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to successfully complete multiple competing projects under tight deadlines for a range of customers
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience with a non-CLI scripting language such as Python
- Experience with Apache Kafka, New Relic, Salesforce and Rest APIs
- Experience with Data Lakes such as Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Microsoft ADLS2
- Knowledge of mainframe systems such as IBM iSeries
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.