Sales Engineer Enterprise (California)
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a talented Sales Engineer to join our Enterprise sales team. As an Enterprise Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our sales team to understand our Enterprise customers’ complex business needs and showcase how Fivetran’s data replication solutions can help them achieve their desired business outcomes. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise, identifying technical requirements, and supporting a regimented proof-of-value process throughout the sales cycle.
This is a full-time position based which is remote. The successful applicant will be based in the US Pacific timezone.
Technologies You’ll Use
AWS, GCP, Azure, SQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks, Kafka, New Relic Linux, Windows, Python, Java
What You’ll Do
- Work with Enterprise customers to understand their business, their use cases, and their data replication requirements
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to Enterprise audiences
- Ensure the technical win by running a tight proof-of-value process
- Work closely with Fivetran’s Product and Engineering teams to ensure alignment of our solutions to Enterprise customer needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Enterprise customers and partners
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and trends in our industry
Skills We’re Looking For
- 5+ years in data replication, sales engineering, or related technical field
- Strong technical background covering database replication, cloud infrastructure, and data replication technologies
- Experience with modern data analytics technologies, including cloud data warehouses, transformation tooling, data catalogs, and BI tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a keen ability to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server & MySQL databases
- Hands on experience with other data replication or ETL tools
- Experience with self-hosted software applications and supporting infrastructure
- Hands on networking experience both in the cloud and on-premise
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.