Software Engineer II - Databases
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a a talented Software Engineer to build and work on data pipelines that moves data from various sources to data warehouses. You will be focusing on developing and maintaining world-class enterprise capabilities and features in support of our largest and most sophisticated customers. The work we do is both highly visible and critically important to the long-term growth and success of Fivetran. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence for your team and owned services, by contributing to the code, reviewing code, contributing to architectural design and mentoring your junior colleagues.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
Technologies You’ll Use
Java, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Bazel, New Relic, Buildkite,
What You’ll Do
- Develop high-quality, testable code following industry best practices.
- Maintain and improve existing features; call for improvements in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Understand and fix challenges related to performance and scalability.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews, providing valuable feedback.
- Participate periodically in on-call rotation.
- Collaborate across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solution.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Mentor junior engineers.
Skills We’re Looking For
- Proficiency in crafting efficient and maintainable code.
- Experience with Java, cloud computing and other relevant technologies.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem-solving.
- Team player with effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Dedication to code quality, security, and documentation.
- Can identify flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.