Technical Product Owner
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Owner is part of the Product Operations team and owns the ongoing health and management of a portfolio of SaaS data connectors in partnership with Fivetran’s product management and engineering teams. You will partner with product managers to understand customer requirements, set priorities, ensure that requirements are translated into workable epics and stories. You are also the go-to person for engineering when they have questions on requirements, deliverables, and incidents.This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore office.
Technologies You’ll Use
What You’ll Do
- For a set portfolio of SaaS data connectors:
- Monitor the health and performance of the connector portfolio
- Work closely with product managers to plan and prioritize feature development
- Manage product backlog, develop feature requirements and set acceptance criteria
- Partner with product managers on internal management communications and business reviews
- Work closely with engineering to execute feature improvements
- Participate in scrum ceremonies
- Partner with engineering to solve incidents
- Work with customers for research, connector onboarding and triaging of incidents
- Drives for clarity and solutions when faced with ambiguity or challenges
- Understand both the technical details and desired business outcomes to drive for results
Skills We’re Looking For
- To be successful at this role, you will possess the following traits/experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Previous experience working as a technical program manager or product owner or software engineering or data analyst role
- Experience working with engineering or technical delivery teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and great attention to detail
- Adaptable, multitasker and problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Embody team values of Curiosity, Ownership, Collaboration, Kindness, and Integrity
Optional Bonus Skills
- Experience in similar role in previous company.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.