VP Product Management - Databases
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran automates data movement into, across, and out of enterprise data platforms. Our industry leading database change data capture technology moves data from some of the largest databases in the world and in space. With 99.9% uptime and self-healing pipelines, Fivetran enables hundreds of leading brands across the globe, including Autodesk, Condé Nast, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Morgan Stanley and Pitney Bowes, to accelerate data-driven decisions and drive business growth. Fivetran is headquartered in Oakland, California, with offices around the world.
About the Role
As the Vice President of Product Management for Databases & Destinations, you will drive a 9-figure database replication product portfolio. You will be responsible for leading teams on product strategy for high performance replication from & into databases, data warehouses, data lakes, and event streams. You will create, align, & evangelize product strategy grounded in strong technical understanding & thoroughly supported with data. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders and teams including engineering, sales, marketing and directly with customers and partners. This role requires some travel globally to Fivetran offices, customer sites, and industry events.
This is a full-time position based out of Denver, Colorado.
What You'll Do
Vision, Strategy, Roadmap & Stakeholder Alignment
- Create alignment and manage execution of a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a portfolio of data replication capabilities of Fivetran’s Automated Data Movement Platform.
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders in engineering, support, marketing, sales, and product teams.
- Provide regular Executive Leadership Team and stakeholder updates through monthly and quarterly business reviews.
Leadership & Team Management
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing Product Management team.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability.
- Develop and manage team goals, performance metrics, and professional development plans.
- Ensure that the team is equipped with the necessary skills, resources, and technology to support the company’s business goals.
- Evangelize Fivetran’s values of 1 Team 1 Dream, Get Stuck In, and Do The Right Thing within your team and across the company.
Customer, Industry, and Market Engagement
- Lead research into customer, industry and market trends; identify emerging opportunities; and translate them into concrete proposals.
- Engage directly with customers on & present on product vision & capabilities at industry conferences.
- Translate complex technical challenges & requirements into tangible business impacts & outcomes for a less technical or executive audience.
Product Development Lifecycle
- Hold your team & peers accountable for excellence in decision making, execution, and launch of product features.
- Partner with product operations & peers to build effective processes for the product development lifecycle.
- Drive an iterative & data-driven culture of experimentation & feedback to accelerate outcomes.
- Partner with Go-To-Market on positioning, enablement, and implementation.
Skills We're Looking For
- Product Management mindset with proven ability to achieve aggressive outcomes through reasoning, iteration & experimentation.
- A maniacal focus delivering customer outcomes while owning the business outcomes for a product portfolio.
- Leading-from-the-front leadership style with a willingness to dive in and understand our customers, their technologies, and the technical possibilities.
- A leader who is thorough, organized, and able to handle a wide range of complex issues, with the ability to articulate a vision, goals, and strategy while inspiring others to embrace and execute.
- Domain expertise in database replication, logging, backup, recovery, data types and storage formats is required.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a senior product leadership role hiring, managing, and developing a team of highly technical product managers.
- At least 10+ years of experience in product management of technical products.
- Proven ability to influence our customer’s technical users & executive stakeholders in presentations & discussions.
- Proven data-driven decision making using expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.