Senior Software Engineer - Connectors
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our data pipeline service to build and work on data pipelines that moves data from various sources to data warehouses. The work is very diverse – all the way from patching software to building new connectors operating on our global Kubernetes compute cluster. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence for your team and owned services, by contributing to the code, reviewing code, contributing to architectural design and mentoring your junior colleagues.
This is a full-time position based out of our Novi Sad office.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Java, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, CircleCI.
What You’ll Do
- Work on core features of the product
- Write connectors to integrate with source systems
- Contribute to feature enhancements and bug fixes
- Write well-structured Java code following programming best practices
- Specify a software design to satisfy project requirements
Skills We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Software Engineering or Computer Science and from a reputed institution
- Strong coding, technical and problem-solving skills with 5 +years of professional experience writing Java based applications in production environment
- Experience in reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management platform that operate under strict SLAs
- Expertise in working with popular Cloud platforms, Cloud-based APIs, databases
- Working well as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with existing code
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?