Senior Corporate Accountant
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Netsuite, Excel, Avalara, FloQast, G-Suite
- Own multiple areas of the financial close and reporting process from end-to-end; calculate and record journal entries, obtain and review required supporting documentation, and perform account reconciliations.
- Ensure accounting records are complete and accurate by incorporating checks/balances into everyday tasks, performing frequent trend/variance analyses across all relevant general ledger accounts and investigating and resolving discrepancies timely.
- Combine GAAP accounting knowledge, operational experience, and critical thinking to problem-solving effectively and autonomously. You will proactively identify issues, gather all relevant information, develop efficient solution(s), obtain management buy-in and execute the best course of action.
- Develop and document business processes and related controls, including flowcharts as needed.
- Be a NetSuite guru. Create customized reports, saved searches, etc. and always seek to automate processes where possible.
- Manage sales and use taxes, exemptions, credits, and filings within the sales tax software.
- Research state sales tax issues including nexus determinations, taxability analyses and quantification of potential liabilities
- Analyze expenses to ensure they are appropriately recorded on a monthly basis in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting matters and related processes to both accounting and non-accounting personnel l
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting and/or SaaS/Software industry
- Evidence of strong US GAAP technical accounting proficiency
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite (Multi- Book), Excel and G-Suite
- An ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables cross-functionally and with external parties
- Strong work ethic and ownership of tasks
- A desire to work in a hyper-growth, quick paced, exciting business environment
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?