Manager Technical Writing
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. Fivetran’s documentation receives rave reviews from our customers – it is a core part of our product. The Technical Communications Team owns technical documentation and in-product text. Our globally-distributed team of technical writers collaborates with product managers, engineers, designers, and support to produce world-class documentation and UI copy that helps our customers succeed. As a Manager of Technical Writing, you will manage and empower a team of amazing dedicated documentation experts and technical writers who are matrixed within other organizations. You will partner with Product Management and Engineering R&D to deliver excellent documentation and support organizational objectives. In your role, you will report to the Director of Technical Communications.
This is a full-time position based out of Novi Sad, Serbia
What You’ll Do
- Coach, mentor and leading a globally diverse team of Individual Contributors
- Advocate for great documentation practices, continually looking to improve the workflow of our Technical Writers, while ensuring our collaborative authoring methodology is visible across engineering, support, technical sales, and product.
- Lead the creation of a team strategy aligned with the Technical Communication organization that orients and encourages their own and their direct reports
- Identify process improvements throughout the documentation and processes of the Technical Communications team.
- Create a high-trust environment for team members, ensuring that every member of the team understands and has bought into Fivetran values.
- Owns assigned product documentation deliverables and schedules.
Skills We’re Looking For
- You’ve managed a team of Technical Writers who are documenting complex applications, enterprise software, or APIs.
- You are deeply motivated by mentoring, leading, and growing your team members.
- You have created/contributed to new process improvements for a technical writing team.
- You’re a great writer with deep experience in documentation processes and technologies.
- You participate in the technical writing community and are aware of trends in the industry.
- You have managed a team that uses static site generators and manages docs as code.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?