Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a software development engineer in Test with extensive industry experience to define and execute the design, development, and maintenance of Fivetran’s test automation tools and framework using reliable and scalable techniques.
As a Senior SDET, You will be focused on improving the quality of Fivetran connector. Writing Test plans and converting them to Automated tests. you will focus on solving complex testing difficulties by designing, developing and improving automation and reporting frameworks. You will invest in improving test stability and performance of the framework by developing innovative solutions to boost Fivetran’s testing efficiency. You will also coach Fivetran quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will continuously work with the team to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform.
- For any given feature Create and Implement Robust test plan for functional and Non-Functional testing
- Architect solutions and proposals to lead the development strategy and implementation that helps maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Build and Maintain Automation test suite.
- Build and maintain tools that focus on improving the performance, scalability and quality of Fivetran products, such as the Connector Benchmarking Tool and Automated Testing Framework using Docker and K8s.
- Support software development and software development test engineers through training, mentoring, and problem-solving.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver tools that make product development teams' lives easier.
- Communicate, coordinate, and align quality strategy with the engineering team members; make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices, and processes.
- Work on increasing the code coverage of the Fivetran application.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for quality, automation, and building frameworks.
- Software engineering foundations with Testing mindset.
- Expert in identifying test scenarios related to -ve and corner cases and automate them.
- Experience designing and developing automation and reporting frameworks for backend Testing from scratch and leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with OOP, preferably Java.
- Hands-on experience working with AWS or any other cloud technologies and containerization methodologies like docker, K8s.
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of code coverage tools and metrics is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis.
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
- S3, GCS, AzureBlob knowledge
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?