Staff Software Engineer - Databases
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
A successful candidate will be humble enough to collect diverse input and build consensus, will be experienced and confident enough to be decisive when it’s needed, and will be practical enough to build and iterate on the system while it’s in production. We are also looking for a high level of expertise and productivity with modern software development environments (we use Java & C).
- Be a horizontally-scaling engineer (we grow together as a team)
- Design and implement features and performance improvements in the Fivetran core to create highly scalable distributed data pipelines on the cloud
- Care and feel ownership of our product platform, and leverage your skills towards improving it
- Advocate for core values, business impact, better engineering, and simple and direct solutions
- Lead engineering-wide initiatives for a number of key technologies
- Collaborate across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solutions
- Work across the project lifecycle: requirements, design, prototype, implementation, review, release, monitoring
- Review and approve technical design documents and pull requests
- Improve and enhance engineering systems documentation and development processes
- Coach and mentor other software engineers
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- 8+ years of software development experience in fast paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to drive and lead large-scale software engineering projects
- Has developed an ability to write, test, and deploy well-structured and performant code
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
- Experienced with the formulation of ideas; building proof-of-concept (POC) and converting them to production-ready project
- Experience developing data-processing systems, preferably for an external-facing product
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Expert level programming in an object oriented / systems language such as Java, C, C# etc.
- Experienced with end-to-end systems profiling, performance, and optimization
- Experienced working in a cloud environment architecture utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, or similar technologies
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?