Senior Software Engineer - Data Application Platform
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
A successful candidate will be humble enough to collect diverse input and build consensus, will be experienced and confident enough to be decisive when it’s needed, and will be practical enough to build and iterate on the system while it’s in production. We are also looking for a high level of expertise and productivity with modern software development environments.
This is a full-time remote position for candidates based in Ireland.
- Learn deeply about Fivetran in order to focus development on practical and relevant system improvements
- Contribute to the development and planning of our platform roadmap
- Collaborate with a small but mighty core team, and with a broader set of stakeholders
- Work across the project lifecycle: requirements, design, prototype, implementation, review, release, monitoring
- Review and approve technical design documents and pull requests
- Mentor other senior members of the team on their own challenges
- Care and feel ownership of our product platform, and leverage your skills towards improving it
- You are execution-oriented, and understand the need to target your “innovation budget” for the greatest impact: you find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did”
- You know how to design and code systems and software that is effective, intuitive, easy-to-operate, and elegantly simple
- You have worked with the relevant tooling and techniques: cloud services, network protocols, serialization, relational databases, etc.
- You are skilled at communicating technical topics and risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are adept at inclusive alignment discussions: balancing soliciting input with influencing peers and advocating for yourself
- You have knowledge of complex structures, object orientation, exceptions, memory management techniques.
- Knowledge of DBMS internals, such as the transaction logging system, is a strong plus
- Familiarity with low level concepts, such as encoding and the internals of network communication, is a strong plus
- Familiarity with system level programming (such as process and memory management and inter-process communication) is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?