Software Development Engineer in Test-II
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a software development engineer in Test with extensive industry experience to define and execute the design, development, and maintenance of Fivetran’s test automation tools and framework using reliable and scalable techniques.
As a SDET-II, you will focus on providing quality to the fivetran applications by writing robust and efficient Automated tests. You will also be working on improvising the framework when required. In this role, you will build and streamline a variety of tests, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind. You will continuously work with the team to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results
This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore office.
- Write high quality automated test suites
- Identify and execute on the QA process
- Ensure that Fivetran software is high-quality by building product test strategies, writing and automating test plans, and communicating with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Help ensure releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or preventing corner case defects.
- Java11, JUnit4
- Rest-assured, WireMock,
- CI/CD tools (eg Jenkins, Maven, Bazel, CircleCI)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- 2+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for quality, automation, and building frameworks.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development.
- Proficiency with any programming/scripting languages.
- Familiar with infrastructure environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow developers about quality related needs
- Ability to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
- Ability to Maintain and create new automated tests incorporated into front/back end of a product
- Worked on Data pipeline testing
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?