Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
As a Senior SDET in our Quality Engineering team, you will help the Database Connector team in enhancing and maintaining the Fivetran test automation framework developed utilizing the latest technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Pytest and Python, by adding features to the framework utilizing different non UI open source libraries. In this role you will contribute in adding framework support for product development teams to add end-to-end tests and deliver in improving the quality of the product. You will play a major role in coaching Fivetran quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will continuously steer the team to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
This is a full-time position based out of our Amsterdam office.
- PyTest, Python, Java, Junit
- Relational and Analytical databases such as Postgres, Oracle, SAP, Snowflake and Databricks
- Java11, JUnit, Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP, Terraform
- Jenkins, Bazel, Buildkit
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creates and maintains automated test cases in Python , Pytest and Java executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Build and share proof of concepts for test automation proposals and ideas.
- Develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation that would help maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, best practices and processes.
- Understand the customer use cases and incidents and come up with test scenarios as needed.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers to ensure we are adding framework support to add new end-to-end tests that makes product development easier and improves quality
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation, preferably in Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOPs concepts, preferably Python and Java.
- Knowledge of Perl and/or Java is a plus.Experience in understanding the existing test automation frameworks and delivering in improving the framework.
- Expertise on developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, system tests.
- Experience in configuring and monitoring test automation jobs as part of CI/CD pipeline with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Experience in working on non UI automation frameworks.
- Hands-on experience working with any cloud technologies(AWS, GCP,Azure) and containerisation methodologies like docker, K8s is a plus
- Knowledge of Database Testing, ETL software testing is an added plus.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.